We’ve been making good head-way on our Netflix queue lately, and our favorite movies often fall into the “outdoor adventure” category. Of course, after we watch them, we want to get outside and have some adventures of our own! Which can be good and bad…
Here are a few of our favorites:
1. Call of The Wild (1972) This could be considered the original adventure movie. Well, the original adventure book, then turned movie. It is also Mowgli’s favorite movie.
2. Dances With Wolves (1990) I feel like this is usually classified as a romance, but come on. The guy lives by himself on the frontier for months and hangs out with wolves. Totally “outdoor adventure”.
3. Into The Wild (2007) Another book turned movie. I read this book for a project in middle school, and loved the movie when it came out. A little weird, but very good.
4. Jurassic Park (1993) Dinosaurs only make it more adventurous.
5. True Grit (2010) & (1969) We prefer the new one to the old one, but we did see it first. Although some would argue that John Wayne should always win.
6. The Last of The Mohicans (1992) Another movie with some adventure and some romance. And fighting! Something for everyone.
A few others that are on my list to watch: 127 hours, The Treasure of the Sierra Madre, Jaws (I know, I can’t believe I haven’t seen it either)…
What would you add to this list? What are your favorite outdoor adventure movies?